Centra Otago Best Wineries - Vineyards Central Otago

Follow Us

Bodega Vistalba (Carlos Pulenta Wines). Mendoza, Argentina. Château Smith Haut Lafitte. Bordeaux-Martillac, France. Bodega Puelles. Rioja, Spain. Bodega O. Fournier. Uco Valley, Mendoza, Argentina.








GENERAL INFO>  CENTRAL OTAGO WINE REGION

Known for its Riesling, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, Central Otago is a potential area for Méthode Champenoise because of its cold climate. At latitude 45º south, the Central Otago Wine Region is the most southerly wine producing region in the world. The vineyards are also the highest in New Zealand at 200 to 400 meters above sea level where they cling precariously to the steep slopes of lakesides and the edges of deep river gorges, often also in glacial soils. Central Otago is a sheltered inland area with a continental microclimate characterised by hot, dry summers, short, cool autumns and crisp, cold winters.

Pinot noir is the leading grape variety in Central Otago, and is estimated to account for some 70% of plantings. The other 30% of production comes from Chardonnay, Sauvignon blanc, Riesling, Pinot gris, and Gewürztraminer. The wines of Central Otago have a purity, intensity and vibrancy that seems totally appropriate to anyone who has visited the region and breathed the pure mountain air.

SEARCH FOR WINERIES IN NEW ZEALAND  >  CENTRAL OTAGO


PEREGRINE WINERY. Central Otago, New Zealand.

Peregrine Winery - Best Wineries of Central Otago

Peregrine Winery

Located in the beautiful a valley of vines, Peregrine's Cellar Door offers an exceptionally unique experience. From a historic rustic woolshed to a modern, architecturally designed winery, the stunning grounds will capture you immediately.

More info 

 
 BACK TO THE TOP 


 

Home | Destinations | Magazine | News | How to Apply | Partners | Facebook | Twitter | Links | Contact Us | Newsletter Suscription